Orma Shawl is a crescent shaped shawl worked from the top. The lace section is simple although it looks complicated.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Gauge: 15 sts x 14 rows in hdc makes 4”/ 10 cm post blocking. Gauge is not very important
Any heavy fingering / Sport weight yarn. You are free to use any of similar weight.
The picture uses Sunrays Creations Yarn Kshoma which is 100% linen (350 yds in 100gm)
MC: Sunrays Creations Yarn Kshoma in Emerald – 225gm / 962 yds / 880m
CC: Sunrays Creations Yarn Kshoma in Glitter – 75gm / 263 yds/ 268m
Hook Size: 4.5 mm (US9)
Shawl Size: 70”x 20” / 178 x 51cm depth post blocking
The pattern is written in US terminology.
Ch(s): Chain(s), Dc: Double crochet, Tr: Treble Crochet, Sl st: Slip Stitch, sc: Single Crochet, hdc: half double crochet, fhdc: foundation half double crochet dc: double crochet, picot: ch4, sl st in 3rd ch, Popcorn stitch
All communication will be through email. Your email id will be using only for communication regarding this testing process.
Deadline: 31st July 2022
1. Ensure you either already have the required yarn or will be able to acquire it in a timely manner
2. Check the pattern for clarity, errors and amount of yarn
3. Share a progress picture via email once a week
4. If you are unable to complete the shawl before the deadline due to unforeseen reasons please inform me
5. Project will be marked complete once the final pictures of the project are shared
6. As compensation, you will receive the completed pattern as well a pattern of your choice from my webstore
7. For any query, except a reply within 24-48 hours.